The Systems Administrator will be based in Hilversum (near Amsterdam), The Netherlands.
About the role
The Systems Administrator position is a key member of ActiveVideo global IT team and will be responsible for contributing to the support of day-to-day operations of 24x7 corporate IT infrastructure. The employee will be required to perform maintenance and configuration of corporate IP network connectivity, backend servers, storage, virtualization environment, backup, and client applications/systems. This position will aid in designing and implementing security, monitoring, system redundancy and disaster recovery. The position is based in the ActiveVideo Hilversum office, reporting to the Systems Administration Manager.
What you’ll do
- As a member of the global IT team, review, plan and execute tasks and projects related to corporate technical infrastructures in order to support multiple offices worldwide
- Research and source hardware and other infrastructure; communicate with vendors and internal parties to move the comissioning process forward
- First level technical support (Office, Mail, Wifi, VPN, Printers, Software etc - using JSD or JIRA Kanban)
- Research and test new technologies and services that can potentially improve IT infrastructure
- Introduce and maintain automation using Ansible and Gitlab
- Manage Atlassian ecosystem products on a systems administrator level : JIRA, Confluence and related plugins
- Be on-site and continuously maintain datacenter health, decommission old and End of Life hardware, and install new hardware
- Administrate and secure corporate Internet and Wifi connections
- Improve network performance and segmentation
- Maintain and configure corporate backend physical systems running both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Maintain local stock of hardware, parts, cables, laptops and other IT equipment
- Manage VMWare and and oVirt virtualization environments, as well as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Manage Netapp based storage solutions
- Manage Active Directory domain services
- Configure and maintain network services such as: DNS, DHCP, PXE/TFTP, FTP, OpenSSH, SAMBA
- Onboard/Offboard employees with equipment and access to corporate services
- Maintaing internal monitoring solutions based on Icinga/Nagios and other technologies
- Implement, and maintain system redundancy, failover, backup and disaster recovery
- Monitor and respond to system alerts and outages on a 24x7 basis for key services
- Troubleshoot network and system issues with the team
- Create and maintain up-to-date networking and system documentation
What you’ll need
- BS in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working experience in current Linux, Mac, and Microsoft operating systems
- 2+ years experience applying virtualization technologies in mission-critical production environment, including oVirt and VMWare
- Experience supporting client system including laptops, desktop, and smart phone devices
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing, IP Networks, Firewalls, VLANs, WLAN, VPN Tunnels, virtualization, IaaS, Active Directory, Atlassian products and automation with Ansible/bash
- Experience installing rack-mounted devices and cabling in a datacenter environment
- Able to document and update system configuration and operating procedures
- Experience working in supporting multiple remote offices around the clock
- Self-starter, self-motivated and independent worker
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
Who we are
ActiveVideo is the developer of AppCloud and CloudTV, cloud-based software virtualization platforms that enables service providers, content aggregators and CE manufacturers to deliver the latest TV experiences to millions of set-tops and connected devices.
What you'll get for this
You’ll become part of a team consisting of strong, delivery minded technologists. The culture is highly informal and our structure flat. This enables our employees to be flexible and to research their ideas. And of course we offer a competitive package.
Who to contact
If you are you interested and enjoy working hard and having fun, please send your resume and motivation to email@example.com for the attention of Katja Verschuren, recruiter. Please indicate job title in the subject line.
Note: Local candidates preferred there is no relocation or visa support offered for this role.