We are expanding our team and have an immediate opening for a System Architect to define and maintain the architecture for a system management layer/product around our core platform, CloudTV. This system manager will allow cable operators to deploy, monitor, configure and troubleshoot our core product, CloudTV.
You will be part of our future success, and we are looking for absolutely and only the best people out there. Do you have significant experience with all aspects of operational management of highly available services in a cable operator or telecom environment? This is a great opportunity for you to join.
What you’ll do
- Define the architecture for a new tool, or set of tools, including a web user interface, which will allow or facilitate cable operators to deploy, monitor, configure and troubleshoot our CloudTV platform, integrated in an existing management infrastructure.
- You will be part of a program team or work with product management to help find out our customers’ workflows, desires and deficiencies and translate those in a product architecture which will allow more rapid deployment and easier maintenance of our platform.
- You review the proposed architecture with the relevant stakeholders such as Product Management, technology partners, lead developers, subject matter experts, software architects, Operations personnel, and other platform architects. You generate and socialize alternative solutions if required.
- You ensure that the architecture fits the technology vision of the company and that critical system properties such as low latency and high scalability are adhered to.
- You guide the implementation of the chosen solution by providing consultancy to developers and testers.
What you'll need
- Masters degree or higher
- 5+ years experience as software- or systems architect
- Knowledge of telecom or cable operator management solutions (BSS/OSS, NMS, EMS), standards (SNMP, syslog, RESTful APIs) and best practices
- Experience with (agile) software development
- Experience with working with an India based development team preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English
What do you get for this?
You’ll become part of a team consisting of strong, delivery minded technologists and work with state-of-the-art technology. The culture is highly informal and our structure flat. This enables our employees to be flexible and to research their ideas. And of course we offer a competitive package.
Who are we?
ActiveVideo is the developer of CloudTV, the only cloud-based software platform that enables service providers, content aggregators and CE manufacturers to virtualize CPE functions in the cloud for the purposes of delivering next-gen user interfaces, online content, and interactive advertising for TV to millions of set-tops and connected devices.
CloudTV™ enables service providers, content aggregators and CE manufacturers to deliver consistent, branded video entertainment experiences from the cloud to millions of devices. CloudTV overcomes browser incompatibilities, eliminating the need to develop and maintain native, device-specific applications.
ActiveVideo is based in the heart of Silicon Valley, with an office in Hilversum, the Netherlands.
Who to contact
If you are you interested and enjoy working hard and having fun, please send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Katja Verschuren.