This is your opportunity to develop and maintain our new generation high performance application streaming platform which virtualizes the Android ecosystem in the cloud and targets cable and IPTV set-top boxes. You focus on scalability and high availability. You will be an expert on this platform and work closely with your team members to determine the best way to implement new functionality or find solutions to issues reported by customers.
You will be part of our future success, and we are looking for absolutely and only the best people out there. This is a great opportunity for you to join.
What you’ll need
- A proven track record working with C/C++ software development
- Good understanding of the Android system, from a system and hardware porting viewpoint more than an application viewpoint
- Experience in writing multi-threaded, time critical applications
- Deep understanding of the Linux environment
- Experience in agile development
- You will thrive in a small company environment
Nice to have :-)
- Experience with porting Android to new hardware
- Experience with public and private cloud solutions, modern DevOps best practices and containerization
- Understanding of OpenGL
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
Who are we?
ActiveVideo empowers you to unleash your TV user interface (UI/UX) from device dependencies. CloudTV, our cloud-based software platform accelerates service velocity, service portability and device reach for your video entertainment. The CloudTV™ software platform from ActiveVideo® drives value for service providers, content providers, content aggregators and CE manufacturers by reducing cost and time-to-market for multi-platform television experiences. CloudTV’s “write-once deploy-everywhere” content environment eliminates the dependency on consumer device resources that has fragmented user experiences and limited the reach of “TV Everywhere”-type services.
Using CloudTV to render the user interface in the cloud, service providers, content providers and content aggregators can offer rich, consistent user experiences and applications across existing and new STBs, as well as consumers’ existing CE hardware.
ActiveVideo is based in the heart of Silicon Valley, with an office in Hilversum, the Netherlands.
What do you get for this?
You’ll become part of a team consisting of strong, delivery minded technologists. The culture is highly informal and our structure flat. This enables our employees to be flexible and to research their ideas. And of course we offer a competitive package.
Who to contact
If you are you interested and enjoy working hard and having fun, please send your resume and motivation to email@example.com for the attention of Katja Verschuren.