Vice President, Product Management
The Vice President of Product Management will ensure the product portfolio meets ActiveVideo’s vision and actively evolves and refines that product portfolio to meet the demand.
ActiveVideo is building state-of-the-art virtualization technology and is focusing on cloud-based software-as-a-service offerings at scale. We are looking for a senior product lead who understands our customers and the industry and can help refine our vision, define the roadmap, and lead the organization to deliver.
The successful candidate will have a P&L mentality, capacity to move quickly between strategic and tactical demands, a proven track record for building products from inception through adoption, and experience launching software-as-a-service models. They will be a key part of the executive team and have broad cross-functional exposure and influence.
- Define the multi-year vision and near-term roadmap.
- Promote a product-oriented culture throughout ActiveVideo and hire, manage, and nurture a world-class product team.
- Evangelize the business proposition and product portfolio globally. Be an essential part of key sales cycles.
- Make key build/buy/partnering decisions.
- Establish ‘best practice’ product management processes in concert with other organizational counterparts.
- Build and lead a world-class product management organization.
- You have a solid understanding of the Digital Video industry (Video Streaming, Advertising, Pay TV, Cable TV, IPTV experience).
- Experience with the Android application ecosystem is a plus.
- Technical background and expertise by education and experience - you have built products for technical audiences, strong understanding of the market, and can speak to technical audiences with credibility.
- Business-driven with a passion for technology - You crave uncovering new revenue opportunities and developing strategies to increase the market presence of your products.
- High energy and drive – product managers are crucial leaders and decision makers in the company and need the energy and passion to be on top of their game.
- Ability to recognize and communicate customer acquisition opportunities and related revenue opportunities, not just a technical solution.
- Fast learner that can quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options into a strategy, plan, or response and effectively communicate it.
- Innovative and creative problem solver with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a business environment, along with a proven ability to prioritize, organize and deliver on commitments.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Who to contact:
If you are you interested and enjoy working hard and having fun, please send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Tam Mai, recruiter. Please indicate job title in the subject line.
ActiveVideo® is the developer of CloudTV™, the only software platform that enables service providers, content aggregators and CE manufacturers to virtualize CPE functions in the cloud for the purposes of delivering online content, advanced user interfaces and interactive advertising for TV to all generations of set-top boxes and connected devices. CloudTV™ delivers consistent, branded video experiences from the cloud, eliminating the cost and time to market of writing content for multiple device makes and models. ActiveVideo is a joint venture of ARRIS Group, a CommScope Company (NASDAQ: COMM), and Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR). The company is based in San Jose, CA with offices in Hilversum, the Netherlands.