We've become the best by building a nimble team
that gets a rush from doing the
We look for people who thrive on creating disruptive technologies and simply won't take "that will never work" for an answer. We find smart, dedicated employees, put them in a pleasant, informal environment with accessible executives, and give them the creative flexibility they need to research and act upon their ideas. Standing still is not an option; our team's innovation and imagination is keeping our industry on its toes and helping us change the world.
“We’ve established a new paradigm: software defined television that accelerates service innovation by virtualizing set-top box functionality in the cloud.”
We’ve led the way in bringing cloud-based user experiences to TV. Nobody has the technology to do what we do, as well as we do it. We’ve spent years evolving our product, building our patent portfolio, making smart acquisitions and proving our technology works. We’re now at the forefront of user interfaces, online video and interactive advertising—all of the major shifts in how TV is consumed and experienced.
Our customers and partners are some of the biggest names in Pay-TV, Online Video and Consumer Electronics: Comcast, Liberty Global, Charter, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, YouTube, HBO Europe, LG, Roku, Ziggo, Philips…and the list goes on.
We have the proven technology and the customer traction to scale to hundreds of millions of pay-TV subscribers, so it’s an ideal time to join ActiveVideo as we skyrocket to success!
OUR VALUES ARE BASED ON WHAT WE CALL
THE "PILLARS OF DISRUPTION"
Our founders had extraordinary vision in creating a cloud-based TV platform long before anyone else even conceived it possible. We continue to think outside the box, and do things that others think impossible.
We’ve faced obstacles time and time again. “It won’t scale! The latency will be too much! There’s no way your servers can handle the peak concurrent usage of the guide!” And yet here we stand, having proven the naysayers wrong on all accounts.
Great ideas are nothing without execution. Now that we’ve proven our technology works, it’s all about going the last mile to make sure our platform remains the class leader in features and performance while our opportunities continue to grow exponentially. We have a mantra around here, “Keep Calm and Finish Strong!”
Our credo sums up our journey as a company in the midst of introducing a paradigm-shifting technology to the world. So what stage are we in now? We’re just starting to write the last line.
FUN FACTS AND GEEK SPEAK
Using novel video encoding technologies, our software streams interactive UIs, content and apps to millions of homes. We use cutting edge technology to achieve extremely high concurrency and efficiency which allows our software to scale to any environment, from an OpenStack private cloud to Amazon’s public cloud. Our C++ and Java developers work together with our QA engineers in agile teams where we strive for continuous delivery using Jenkins, Git and a strong focus on automated testing. The agile teams have a high degree of control in their way of working to deliver a high quality product.
- Number of YouTube minutes viewed every day by UPC Hungary customers on their cable set-top boxes: More than 1 million
- Number of devices that are currently enabled to run a CloudTV session: 15 million
- Favorite customer deployment for on-site “work”: Tie between Time Warner Oceanic in Hawaii and Liberty Puerto Rico
- Latency introduced by the entire CloudTV platform: 63 milliseconds
- Typical latency of an IR remote control: 70 milliseconds
- Number of milliseconds at which the average user detects latency: 350
You don’t just want a place to work. You want your next move to be a career move. A global organization that recognizes you and your contributions. Talented, passionate, team-oriented co-workers. Benefits and flexibility that support you from Day One. We have everything you need, right here.
- Highly competitive salaries and bonuses
- Modern downtown San Jose HQ, hip office near Amsterdam & cool L.A. digs
- Office gym fully-equipped with cardio, weight machines and open exercise space
- Frequent all-hands meetings with the CEO
- Company events, celebrations and rewards
- All the snacks and drinks you can handle in our fully stocked kitchen, plus a breakfast spread on Fridays with bagels, pastries and fresh fruit
- Everything you need to be your own barista — state-of-the-art individual cup coffee maker and top-of-the-line espresso machine
- Happy hour with beer and grub